Another year, another... blog post? Yes, finally. Now that we have been ushered into 2011, I felt the need to wave goodbye to 2010. This post will be that figurative wave.
Oh and yes, I cheated a little and took inspiration from Clear Your Heart's post. But I heard imitation is the best form of flattery?
1) Was 2010 a good year for you?
If I'm honest, I can't remember all of it. Or, at least, I can't remember where 2009 ended and 2010 began. It wasn't the best but it has still had its fun times and laughs, and hopefully I learnt a few lessons, too.
2) What were your favourite moments of the year?
By far the best had to be living with R for 3 months; at times, it was pure bliss for me. Going to San Diego, albeit all on my lonesome, to present my research, especially as it gave me a much needed publication. Getting to know my nephew during the first year of his life. Living with some lovely ladies who I found via an internet ad for a free room! And spending more time in London; it is a wonderful city.
3) What was your least favourite moment of the year?
R having to leave Manchester and the thought that he may have to leave the country. :(
4) Where were you when 2010 began?
In my house, celebrating with homemade punch!
5) Who were you with?
With the aforementioned lovely ladies.
6) Did you keep your new years resolution of 2010?
"Mine are the standard keep fit, spend less and work harder!" Well, I definitely managed to spend less, after moving back into halls of residence free of charge. My keeping fit regime was mediocre; cycling to and from uni but began to give myself license to eat more, anyway. Bad, bad.
7) Do you have a new years resolution for 2011?
Yes! Perhaps some are more like guidelines, though. I came across a great idea from Moleskine, over at Moleskinerie; the Blank Dice for 12 Resolutions and so decided to do my own:
- Spend all your spare time on finishing your PhD!
- Drink more water; 8 glasses a day!
- Have productive weekends
- Cycle more
- Get off the internet!
- Spend less money and save more
- Join an exercise class
- Eat more fruit and veg!
- Go to sleep and get up earlier
- Learn to say no to people and activities
- Make and take your own lunch food!
- Achieve your goals
It did look more perfectly formed but after a trip in my bag, it unfortunately went through a bit of a squashing trauma.
8) Did you fall in love in 2010?
9) If yes, with who?
The bundle of joy that is my nephew.
10) If yes, do they know?
Probably not but oh, he will!
11) Are you still in love with them?
12) You regret it?
Not for a second!
13) Did you breakup with anyone in 2010?
14) Did you make any new friends in 2010?
15) Who are your favourite new friends?
Oooh favourites is a dangerous game but I think if they were reading this, and they're probably not, they would know who they are.
16) What was your favourite month of 2010?
August probably; despite it being one of the most stressful times of my life, my trip to San Diego and how hard I worked before it, paid off!
17) Did you travel outside of your country of residence in 2010?
San Diego. Are you getting sick of me mentioning this now? I know I am.
18) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2010?
Again, thankfully, no.
19) Did you miss anybody in the past year?
Many. My family, constantly. And all the friends I didn't get to see because of my lack of time and money.
20) What was your favourite movie that you saw in 2010?
I think it has to be L'ennemi public no1.
21) What was your favourite song from 2010?
Hmm, that's a difficult one and my Last.fm is very deceiving; I didn't think it was Passion Pit - Sleepyhead but that's what it tells me. I really love Adele - Make You Feel My Love.
22) What was your favourite record from 2010?
Probably Florence + the Machine - Lungs
23) How many concerts did you see in 2010?
None?! It cannot be none... Damn.
24) Did you have a favourite concert in 2010?
Stop rubbing it in, please.
25) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2010?
Nope. There were long periods of no drinking at all. I don't think I can handle it anymore.
26) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2010?
I will admit I took more Ibuprofen than I normally would.
27) How many people did you sleep with in 2010?
I'm a one-man-kinda-woman.
28) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
Not really. The sad, sad life I lead.
29) Where did most of your money go?
Probably on food, actually. 2010 was a year of wanting to eat out.
30) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2010?
I'm not aware of any lies. So either everyone I know is a very good liar, or they're all saints. (I liked that answer Helen, so kept it.)
31) Did you treat somebody badly in 2010?
Yes, I am very sorry to say. :(
32) Did somebody treat you badly in 2010?
All things considered; no.
33) How much money did you spend in 2010?
Too much. And more than I saved.
34) What was your proudest moment of 2010?
Repetitive I know but presenting and semi-publishing my PhD work.
35) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2010?
Another hard one because I've never been that adventurous that I end up being embarrassed. I'll get back to you on that one...
36) If you could go back in time to any moment of 2010 and change something, what would it be?
Too many to mention, but that is no way to live your life.
37) What are your plans for 2011?
Knuckle down, stop galavanting (as my mother would say) and finish my PhD, learn to drive, eat and live healthy but laughing is good for your heart so try and do lots of that. I really would like to blog more. Oh and continue to tick things off my 101 in 1,001 list
So, how was your 2010?