|I put my hands on my hips a lot, eh?|
Overall, I'd be inclined to say no, but it all came right in the end.
2) What were your favourite moments of the year?
Meeting up with lots of old friends. Nights out. The 'Come Dine With Me' series my flatmates and I had. Christmas. New year.
3) What was your least favourite moment of the year?
Becoming single :( But then I remembered that has upsides, too. :)
4) Where were you when 2011 began?
In The Metropolitan pub in Didsbury, Manchester.
5) Who were you with?
My brother and friends.
6) Did you keep your new years resolution of 2011?
I actually didn't do too bad:
- Spend all your spare time on finishing your PhD! I spent more time on it, definitely but not all my spare time; that's not healthy.
- Drink more water; 8 glasses a day! Yup, definitely drank more water.
- Have productive weekends Having to go into the office at weekends to get your thesis finished will do that for you.
- Cycle more I got back on my bike! :D
- Get off the internet! Hmm, yeah... no.
- Spend less money and save more Overall, I spent less, and despite not being funded for over a year now, I have managed well.
- Join an exercise class This
iswas my biggest success. I started going to two classes a week; Aerobics and Bums &Tums and absolutely loved it! Gave me so much energy. I am going to have to put it on hold until I've handed my thesis in at the end of April.
- Eat more fruit and veg! Judgement? "Could do better"
- Go to sleep and get up earlier I don't think this is ever going to happen over a prolonged period of time until I get a job.
- Learn to say no to people and activities This was a steep learning curve but I have gotten better at it.
- Make and take your own lunch food! I did do this a lot more towards the end of 2011, with money being an issue. Again, could be better!
- Achieve your goals I am very nearly there....
7) Do you have a(ny) new years resolution(s) for 2012?
Yes! To work hard and then have loads of fun! I really want to finish my 101 in 1,001 list as well.
8) Did you fall in love in 2011?
9) If yes, with who?
The idea of my PhD-free life.
10) If yes, do they know?
Well, it exists only in my imagination at this point. So, no.
11) Are you still in love with them?
Very much so!
12) You regret it?
13) Did you breakup with anyone in 2011?
14) Did you make any new friends in 2011?
Ooh yes. :D
15) Who are your favourite new friends?
Again, just like last year, I don't like to play favourites.
16) What was your favourite month of 2011?
Oh, I said August last year as well. But the weather was very nice.
17) Did you travel outside of your country of residence in 2011?
No. So sad. :(
18) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2011?
I am pleased to say no.
19) Did you miss anybody in the past year?
I miss my family everyday.
20) What was your favourite movie that you saw in 2011?
Oh wow that's a tough question. I didn't watch many movies in 2011 actually. But I'd have to say Bridesmaids as it was really rather funny, and I needed it at that time.
21) What was your favourite song from 2011?
Time to turn to Last.fm again... Best Thing I Never Had by Beyoncé it would seem. But the majority of those plays were confined to a specific time period.
22) What was your favourite record from 2011?
More reliable data from Last.fm: just like last year, it's a Florence + the Machine album, this time, Cermonials. Bloody love her.
23) How many concerts did you see in 2011?
And again, none. I really need to sort that out!
24) Did you have a favourite concert in 2011?
25) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2011?
Oh, there were times. One particular evening we (me and others as it as difficult for me to recollect) counted over 14 shots of dark rum in one evening alone. That evening didn't end well, let me tell you/
26) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2011?
No, I'm a good girl. :)
27) How many people did you sleep with in 2011?
You're nosey, ain't ya!
28) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
Ashamed would be the wrong word. Things I would regret... if I believed in regrets, that is.
29) Where did most of your money go?
On food mainly, with some drink. Oh and baking supplies. :D
30) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2011?
It was difficult to tell some fact from fiction in 2011. But I guess I'll never know.
31) Did you treat somebody badly in 2011?
I hope not. I can neglect some people sometimes.
32) Did somebody treat you badly in 2011?
Well, yes, I suppose so. And I would've expected better. But life would be any fun if it was all rosey.
33) How much money did you spend in 2011?
Ohhh please don't make me think about that! Too much mostly.
34) What was your proudest moment of 2011?
Yet again, my family proving how amazing they are and knowing how lucky I am to have them. And realising what wonderful friends I have!
35) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2011?
Hmm... having too much to tequila and crying on a night out. Not a good look.
36) If you could go back in time to any moment of 2011 and change something, what would it be?
Whether you believe things happen for a reason or not, it's healthy to have regrets. I wouldn't change anything because it's the past. It was what it was, and now life is what it is. And you never know where the actions you took will take you.
37) What are your plans for 2012?
Work hard, finish my PhD and then have some well deserved fun times. Then get a job and move out of halls as a tutor.
So, how was your 2011?