It is a rarity for me to take part in blog tags, opting almost exclusively to complete them only when I've been tagged. But they are fun, aren't they?
This is one of those times.
The lovely Hazel from World of Joy has thrown the Liebster blog tag my way. First I shall answer her 11 questions and then list 11 (hopefully sufficiently original and imaginative) questions of my own. There is something else in the rules about nominating 11 blogs. But like Hazel, I'm not going to do that either. I would like to pass this along to Kim at Grace & Flower, Angela at Little Apple Tree, Scarlett at Work Rest Play Love, Bee at fill my little world, Amy at Fluffy Owl's Adventures and San at The In Between is Mine. Fear not though! You don't need to be invited, if you just fancy taking part please do.
OK, time to answer this pop quiz.
- If you were a cartoon character who would you be? Tough one. I was a big fan of Batman and Spiderman as a youngster. Oh and The Raccoons were great. (Seriously. A cartoon show about racoons; what child wouldn't like that?!) But maybe Jessica Rabbit would be a good choice? Yeah, I'll go with that.
- What's your nickname? I have several. Ginge, Gingerella, G1, Robin (as one half of a Batman & Robin combo), Maphie (I don't wish to explain that one right now), Dr Jen. I think that's probably about it.
- What are you reading at the moment? Life After Life by Kate Atkinson as part of The Year in Books project.
- If you could take a year off work with limitless funds, how would you spend your year? This probably won't be much of a surprise but travel the world. And then come back (to where, I don't know) and start my own business. I'm still deciding on which business I would choose to start.
- What is your signature dish? Risotto. This salmon, pea and lemon risotto is scrumptious. Although, I make a mean thai steamed fish that I must share the recipe for!
- What is the one thing that everyone should do, at least once, in their lifetime? Do something that absolutely petrifies them; public speaking, karaoke, skydive, you name it! The adrenaline rush is always totally worth it.
- Have you ever given blood? Yes. And I really need to do it again. Convenient and available appointments are difficult to come by when you have a 9 - 5 job.
- Do you have any tattoos? No. I've just never had anything that I'd want permanently panted on to my body.
- Name a film that you have watched over and over again? Dirty Dancing. Need I say more?
- What question would you most like to ask me? I'll like to ask Hazel where do you think you will be in 5 years time?
- Do you have a favourite piece of jewellery? What is it, how did it come to be yours? I do, yes! It's a close call between the diamond, gold ring my parents bought me for my 16th birthday (2001), and the gold and light green peridot earrings that my sister bought me when I was her bridesmaid in 2008. Can I have both? Thank you.
And here are my questions:
- What is the one thing you would like to become better at?
- What is the last text message you sent or received? To whom?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- Where was your last holiday?
- Would you rather have summer or winter weather all year round?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Do you have any favorite stories from your childhood?
- What is the worst job you ever had?
- Where did you grow up?
- If you could hold on to just one memory from your life forever, what would that be?